Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Night's Dream

Night's Dream

I lie here in the dark stillness
Trying to avoid my black thoughts
Yet succumbing to my night's dream

I see you standing on that hill
The wind rustling through your hair
Naïve, but still ever so pure

And I know it will not stay that way
Soon your sweetest sorrow
Will turn into the bitterest lust

I will sully those tranquil thoughtsS
how you the truest powers
Lead your heart into corruption

Soon your romantic ideas
Will burn into soft ash
Replaced with my influence

Your rose tinted heart
Can only do my bidding
You won't care about being my slave

Craving for my small attentions
Worshipping my every nuance
I will be your only deity

You will place wings on my shoulders
And light to wear on my head
Ignorant of my forked tail

Too late you will realise
That your soul has been punctured
Laid to rest upon my trident

You will succumb to me
Just as I have succumbed
Daydreams become nightmares

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home