Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Sinking

Sinking

I miss you
I've missed you since you left
I know you left because of me
But I still want you back

I wander around this house
And it seems so small
It used to be so comfortable
Now nothing seems right

A wave of grief has swept me down
And covered everything
In the salt of my tears
And still it pushes me under

I'm drowning without you
You kept me afloat
Without you, I'm choking
On this tasteless brine

I know I won't be saved
The last boat has sailed past
And the lingering fireworks of our love
Attract no attention anymore

I'm left here abandoned
With no hope of reaching the coast
The waves just push me further
And each moment the light fades

This watery grave seems so cosy
Compared to the brash reality
The water welcomes me
Into its cavernous depths

As the last star fades into the blue
I close my eyes
And the last of my breath rises
To make my last ripples on the ocean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home